The Steyr SM12® offers ergonomic and elegant design with fish scale checkering and a Bavarian cheek piece with double flame, while the easy-to-operate Hand Cocking System (HCS™) and other unique Steyr features provide proven accuracy, durability and functionality.
The Steyr Mannlicher SM12® sets a new standard for excellence in all-purpose hunting rifles. The newly designed stock provides a timeless elegant look with a Bavarian cheek-piece with double flame and elegant fish scale checkering on the forend and pistol grip, as well as a full complement of highly functional features across a variety of platform configurations.
An assortment of calibers is available in the Optimized Barrel Profile (O.B.P.™).
The high-quality cold-hammer forged barrel is available in durable anti-corrosive Mannox™ finish as well as stainless steel. A variety of platform configurations are available including:
- The Half-Stock that features a shortened stock
- The Mountain with a 20” standard barrel
- The Semi-weight fitted with a heavy 20” barrel and round bolt handle
- The Light has a standard short 20” fluted barrel and carefully selected light-weight wood stock
- The Stainless with a longer 25” stainless steel barrel
The SM12 includes Steyr’s Hand Cocking System (H.C.S. ™) that is operated by the thumb allowing the user to manually cock the internal firing mechanism and also enhances safety by allowing for manual de-cocking of the firing pin.
SM12 Halfstock Standard
SM12 Halfstock Magnum