The Corvus Defensio M1 Receiver Rail offers a long, solid mounting solution for the attachment of optical aiming devices, iron sights, laser designators and other accessories. Unlike the AR15 receiver and handguard rails the Corvus Defensio M1 Receiver Rail is solid (monolithic) from front to rear. Unlike the original Steyr AUG A3 rail the Corvus Defensio M1 Receiver Rail reaches almost to the ejection port, making it easier to use short eye-relief optics. It is equipped with two QD-Sling Swivel attachment points and an interface to directly mount ACOG rifle scopes.
• Long Picatinny Rail for mounting various accessories (optics, magnifiers, BUIS, electronic attachments, lasers, etc.).
• The rear end of the rail extends almost to the ejection port allowing the use of very short eye-relief optics.
• Machined slot for mounting 3x and 4x Trijicon ACOG rifle scopes directly to the rail, lowering the height of the optic relative to the bore. This is especially useful when using a piggyback red dot sight (less offset).
• Integral limited rotation QD Sling swivel attachment points (also suitable for snap hooks, paracord, etc.).
• Maximum sight radius of approximately 240 mm (9.5”) when using iron sights.
• Made of hard anodized 7075 aluminum.
• Length: 260 mm (10.24”)
• Weight: 146 gm (5.15 oz)
• Separate receiver from stock.
• Remove Barrel.
• Heat the three screws of the original Picatinny rail mount with a heat gun to release the factory thread locker.
• Remove the original Picatinny rail.
• Attach the Corvus Defensio rail (preferably using the new rail mounting screws that are attached).
Note: It is recommended to apply thread locker to the screws before the final assembly since otherwise, they could loosen during use!
For detailed instructions with pictures click here.
This product will only work with M1/SE versions of the Steyr AUG.